Displaying 1 - 9 of 9. Show 5 results per page.
Intangible property, for the PPS Act and the PPS Register, means personal property that is not any of the following:
- financial property
- goods, or
- an intermediated security (see 'intermediated security').
See definition of 'intangible property' under section 10 of the PPS Act.
As a collateral class, includes rights in a design, patent, trade mark, copyright or circuit layout, or plant breeder's rights.
See definition of 'intellectual property' under section 10 of the PPS Act.
In relation to personal property, includes a right in the personal property.
Any individual or business entity that is interested in a specific collateral registration and/or information held on the PPS Register.
The Registrar or the Personal Property Securities Service.
Personal property used in the ordinary course of business by an entity with an ABN, including:
- property held for sale, or lease
- property held to be provided under a contract for services
- property held as raw materials or as work in progress, and
- property used or consumed as materials.
See definition of 'inventory' under section 10 of the PPS Act.
In general, this is a document such as a share certificate, promissory note, or bond, used as means to acquire equity capital or loan capital. Also called financing instrument.
Refers to certain financial products, including:
- a share in the body, or a debenture in a body
- a derivative
- a foreign exchange contract that is not a derivative
- an interest in, or a unit in an interest in, a managed investment scheme
- a unity in a share in a body, and
- a financial product traded on the financial market that is operated in accordance with an Australian market licence or exempt from the operation of Part 7.2 of the Corporations Act 2001;
but does not include:
- the creation or transfer of a right to payment in connection with interest in land (where the written evidence of the transfer does not specifically identify the land)
- a document of title
- an intermediated security, and
- a negotiable instrument.
See definition of 'investment instrument' under section 10 of the PPS Act.