Displaying 21 - 30 of 158.
The ABN is a unique 11 digit identifier issued to all entities registered in the Australian Business Register (ABR). It is used when dealing with government agencies (including the Australian Taxation Office) and other businesses.
An ABN can have a status of active or cancelled. A status of cancelled means the business has ceased trading. If an entity with an ABN has an associated ACN, ARBN or ARSN you can search ABN Lookup using that ACN, ARBN, ARSN or ARFN.
See the Australian Business Register website. for more information about ABNs.
Access the Australian Business Register's ABN Lookup.
63 384 330 717 (AFSA's ABN)
The PPS Register can be searched using either
- the serial number of the collateral (for example, the VIN of a motor vehicle), or
- the details of the grantor.
Where a search is undertaken against an individual grantor, the PPS Act requires that the search must be undertaken by a person with an authorised purpose (as set out in section 172 of the PPS Act).
The range of IP addresses from which the B2G account customer interacts with the PPS Register.
A situation where a person (the bailee) is voluntarily in possession of goods belonging to another (the bailor) and therefore it's wider than a lease, but is covered by 'PPS lease' for situations where the bailor is regularly engaged in bailment transactions, and where the bailee gives value for the bailment.
For more information refer to the Leases and Bailment under the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 fact sheet.
According to section 10 of the PPS Act, business day means a day other than:
- a Saturday or a Sunday; or
- a day which is a public holiday for the whole of:
- any State; or
- the Australian Capital Territory; or
- the Northern Territory; or
- a day that falls between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day; or
- a day on which the Registrar has refused access to the register, or otherwise suspended the operation of the register, in whole or in part (see subsection 147(5)); or
- a day that is prescribed by the regulations for the purposes of this definition.
See the business days calculator for assistance calculating periods of business days.
Someone who accesses the PPSR without creating an account. A casual user is only able to perform certain searches on the PPSR. You must create an account to create registrations.
A CCIV is similar to a managed investment scheme without a trust structure, made up of one or more sub-funds. A CCIV and its sub-funds are required to be registered with ASIC.