A writing which evidences both a monetary obligation and a security interest in, or lease of, specific goods; for example, a hire-purchase agreement. It would not include a negotiable instrument, an investment instrument, an investment entitlement or a document of title.
The Convention on International Civil Aviation signed on 7 December 1944 in Chicago. The Chicago Convention establishes rules on the allocation of nationality and registration marks for aircrafts.
Under this Convention, Australia is assigned the nationality mark 'VH'. An example of a nationality and registration mark for an Australian aircraft is 'VH-WOV'.
Circuit layout refers to the original layout designs for integrated circuits and computer chips. Circuit layout rights are intangible personal property.
For the purposes of Part 9.5, has the meaning given in section 340 of the PPS Act.
Used to describe the personal property that is being used to secure payment or performance of an obligation.
The PPSR separates collateral classes under four broad categories:
- Tangible property
- Motor vehicles
- Other goods
- General property
- All present and after acquired property – no exceptions
- All present and after acquired property – with exceptions
- Intangible property
- General intangible
- Intellectual property
- Financial property
- Chattel paper
- Document of title
- Intermediated security
- Investment instrument
- Negotiable instrument
Each registration must only relate to a single collateral class. Please see the Collateral class page for more information.
The description of the collateral being registered on the PPS Register.
A registration of a financing statement on the PPS Register. In addition to details about the collateral, the registration also includes:
- details about the grantor (where relevant), or secured party
- details about the address for service (address to which correspondence relating to the registration must be sent)
- giving of notice identifier (see 'giving of notice identifier'), and
- details about the security interest (for example, whether it is a purchase money security interest or whether it is subordinate to another interest).
A unique identification number allocated by the system to a collateral registration at the time of registration.