Airframe means airframe (other than those used in military, customs or police services) that, when appropriate aircraft engines are installed thereon, are certified by a competent aviation authority (in Australia, this is the Civil Aviation Safety Authority) to transport:
- at least eight (8) persons including crew, or
- goods in excess of 2750 kg,
together with all modules and other installed, incorporated or attached accessories, parts and equipment and data manuals.
See definition of 'airframe' in the PPS Regulations.
Aircraft that is further described as airframe must be described by serial number in a registration. The serial number for aircraft engine comprise of:
- the airframe's manufacturer's number, that is, the serial number attached to the airframe by the manufacturer
- the manufacturer's name, and
- the manufacturer's generic model description.