On this page
Who needs a PPSR account?
You don’t need an account to do a PPSR search - but you may want to create one.
You can search the PPSR as a casual user without an account. If you are a regular searcher, you may find it helpful to create an account; it provides benefits such as flexible payment options and storing your account history.
You must have an account to make registrations
You must have an account to make and manage your PPSR registrations. This includes activities such as:
- creating and managing secured party groups (SPGs)
- creating, changing and ending registrations.
Benefits of having a PPSR account
Having an account lets you:
- do quicker PPSR searches
- get a copy of your search result and do a 'search refresh'
- get reports about your usage
- create multiple account users with different permissions
- have more payment options.
It has time-saving features such as:
- showing your recent searches
- storing your favourite SPGs and grantors
- allowing you to create registration templates.
What's the difference between an account and a secured party group (SPG)?
An account lets you manage all of your PPSR access and usage such as creating users, making registrations, and logging your search history.
You can use your account to create a secured party group (or SPG). An SPG contains details of secured parties (the person who claims to have the interest registered on the PPSR). SPGs can contain one or more secured parties.
Account holders can create multiple SPGs. Each SPG has a unique number so account holders can easily identify them and manage the registrations made using their details.
The account holder and SPG are often the same person or from the same organisation, although they don't have to be. For example a lawyer could have a PPSR account they use to create registrations on behalf of their clients (whose details would be contained in different SPGs).
How to create an account
Creating an account on the PPSR is simple, you'll just need a few details to get started.
To set up an account, you'll need:
- your or your organisation's contact details
- a person to nominate as a key contact - they will also become the account administrator
- to read and accept the account customer terms and conditions.
Follow the steps to complete your account set up. You can customise your account by selecting different preferences including:
- the account payment type
- where and how often we send your financial statements.
Once you review and confirm your details you will receive an email with your:
- account customer number
- username (system generated)
- a link to set up your password and secret questions and answers (this expires in 24 hours).
You can now log in to the PPSR as an account customer using your username and password.
If you want to make a registration on the PPSR, your next step is to Set up your secured party group.