Choose a payment method
There are 3 ways you can pay your PPSR fees. Which one you choose depends on how much you use the PPSR and what’s most convenient for you.
Pay as you go
Pay for each PPSR transaction at the time, using your credit or debit card.
This is a good option if you are not a frequent user of the PPSR.
Put money in your PPSR account to pay for future transactions.
Each time you incur a fee, it will be deducted from your balance. Keep an eye on your account balance to make sure there’s enough money in your account to cover future fees. If there isn't enough credit, the account will revert to a pay as you go account.
If your balance is running low you can Top up your prepay account.
Pay your fees on credit by applying for a line of credit on your PPSR account.
This is a good option if you're a frequent PPSR user and can help you save time and help with your budgeting and cash flow. You can apply for credit if you normally spend at least $5000 on PPSR fees each month.
To apply for credit complete the credit application form on the Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) website and return by email or post to the address on the form. Make sure you read and understand the terms and conditions on the form before you apply.
Once your credit account is approved, we'll send you an invoice every month.
PPSR account statements
If you have a prepay or credit account, you’ll get monthly statements or invoices. We'll email your invoice in the first week of the month (unless you didn't incur any fees).
Attached to the email are:
- summary statement/invoice (PDF)
- detailed statement/invoice (Excel spreadsheet)(sent upon request).
Top up your prepay account or pay your invoice
You can top up your prepay account or pay your credit account invoice by:
- credit or debit card
- direct deposit from your bank account.
Pay by credit card
You can use MasterCard, Visa or American Express.
Log into your PPSR account, then:
- Go to the account customers tab and choose manage account customer
- Select payment at the bottom of the page
- Enter your credit card details.
The payment will appear in your PPSR account on the same day.
Pay by direct deposit/EFT
Pay directly from your bank account to:
- BSB: 062-987
- Account number: 10020131
- Account name: Australian Financial Security Authority Official Departmental – PPSR account
- Reference: your PPSR account number.
The payment can take up to 1 business day to appear in your PPSR account. Avoid making one payment to cover multiple PPSR accounts as this can cause delays.
Check your account balance
It's important you are aware of your account balance and make sure you pay your account on time.
The payment for your credit account is due 30 days from the date on your invoice.
Check your prepay or credit balance
To check your balance, log into your PPSR account, then:
- Go to the account customers tab
- Choose manage account customer
- Scroll down to financial details and see your current balance.
You can also run a transaction reconciliation report to give you information about your transactions over a period of time.
If you don’t pay on time
We will follow up any overdue bills until you pay the full amount you owe. This can include extra fees if we have to use a collection agency or take legal action. We can also cancel your account if you do not pay.
If you go over your credit limit
We will tell you what your credit limit is when you open your account.
We'll send you an email alert when you have 30% of your credit left, and again at 10%.
If you go over the limit, your account will revert to a pay-as-you-go account. You can start using your credit account again when you’ve:
- paid back the amount over the limit and
- paid any overdue bills.
If you pay your account by credit card, you can use your credit account again instantly. If you use another payment method, there will be a delay until the payment clears.
PPSR account transaction records
PPSR account users with the right permission level can view transaction history, tax invoices and download a reconciliation report of the account activities.
How to do a transaction search
Log into your PPSR account, then:
- Go to the account customers tab.
- Select transaction enquiry.
- Enter details into any or all of the search categories (this includes invoice number, credit card number and billing reference).
If you don’t find what you’re looking for
Common reasons for not finding what you searched for are that you:
- put the wrong details into the search categories
- weren’t logged into your PPSR account at the time you made the transaction
- used a different payment method such as cheque or alternative credit card to make the account payment or adjustment.
Check your search details and try again or contact us to help find the record you need.