According to section 10 of the PPS Act, business day means a day other than:
- a Saturday or a Sunday; or
- a day which is a public holiday for the whole of:
- any State; or
- the Australian Capital Territory; or
- the Northern Territory; or
- a day that falls between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day; or
- a day on which the Registrar has refused access to the register, or otherwise suspended the operation of the register, in whole or in part (see subsection 147(5)); or
- a day that is prescribed by the regulations for the purposes of this definition.
See the business days calculator for assistance calculating periods of business days.