Before you begin
You will need:
The instructions in the section below are given as animated images which will play once the image is clicked, and, as text below the images. You may stop the animation at any time by clicking the image again.
Beginning your search
- From the Home page, click on the Search by serial number link.
- Scroll down to see the options under the heading 'What is the serial number search type'.
Enter the aircraft information
- Click on the aircraft option button.
- Choose the type of aircraft (or part) using the option buttons. (More information will be shown at this stage and you can choose a different option if necessary.)
- Enter the unique identifier for the aircraft (Nationality code and registration mark for small aircraft or Manufacturer's number for aircraft engine, airframe or helicopter).
Make sure you enter the unique identifier correctly, or you risk getting a result for the wrong aircraft or aircraft part.
Optional: Enter a Client billing reference, this reference will appear on the Tax invoice/Receipt. This can be used to search for transactions in your account.
- Click on the Next button to go to the payment page.
Pay and get results
- Enter your credit card details as shown on your credit card.
- Enter your email address to receive your receipt by email. (If you do not have an email address, the information is available to download from the Search result summary page.)
- Click on the Pay now button to go to the Search result summary page.
- Click on the Email certificate button to have the certificate sent by email. (If you do not have an email address, click on the View certificate button to download the certificate.)
- Enter your email address and re-enter it in the next field.
- Click on the Email button to receive your search certificate.
The information box shows that the search certificate has been sent to the email address given.
Why would I need to search the PPSR?
Before you buy an aircraft or aircraft part from a private seller you should check that there are no existing security interests on it by searching the PPSR. If a security interest has been registered against the aircraft or aircraft part, it may not be debt-free and may be repossessed, even after you have bought it. We recommend conducting the search the day before or the day of purchase to assure purchaser protection.
The seller may provide you with a search certificate as a sign of good faith and it can be verified by entering the search number again on the Register - see Retrieve search results. There is no charge for this, but if you wish to do another search, you will need to pay for the new search.
For further details on your search result and search certificate see: Understanding other PPSR search results.
For more information on buyer protection, see searching and buyer protections.
What does this search cover?
- Power driven aeroplanes
- Rotorcraft (e.g. helicopters)
- Hot air balloons