For further information regarding how to tailor permissions for users following a successful application, see setting up groups in your account.
To apply for an account that can register prescribed personal property, complete this form:
The form has five parts and requires a signature from the appropriate person.
Part 1 ‘Registration kind’
Select the registration kind you are applying for.
- Hoon lien: a motor vehicle that has been impounded, immobilised or forfeited, or is subject to an impoundment, immobilisation or forfeiture application, under a law that provides for impoundment, immobilisation or forfeiture of a motor vehicle because it is being used, or has been used, in the commission of certain offences (reg 5.3(1)(a)).
- Proceeds of crime: personal property that is subject to a notice or an order, or is confiscated or forfeited, under a provision of a proceeds of crime law (reg 5.3(1)(b)).
- Court order: personal property that is subject to an order of a court or tribunal (however described) that:
- prevents or restricts a person dealing with the property, or
- enforces another court order (however described), or
- orders the sale or other disposal of all or part of the property, (reg 5.3(1)(c)).
- Other prescribed property, which is personal property that:
- is not mentioned in paragraph (a), (b) or (c), and
- immediately before the registration commencement time, could have been registered on a transitional register maintained under a law of the Commonwealth, a State or a Territory (reg 5.3(1)(d)).
Part 2a ‘Applicant details’ authorised person
Identify the authorised person who is making the application on behalf of the government agency.
In the free text box headed The applicant is not prohibited under Regulation 5.4 to create and amend registrations of the Registration Kind indicated above because:
- State which subparagraph of PPS Regulations reg 5.4 applies to the person identified as the ‘authorised person’. For example, in the case of a hoon lien account that is applied for by the Police Commissioner of the New South Wales Police Force the subparagraph is reg 5.4(a)(i).
- State the relevant legislative provisions the person identified falls within that subparagraph of reg 5.4. For example, the specific proceeds of crime Act/regulations that provide for the confiscation or forfeiture of personal property.
- If the person’s name/position is expressly stated in the relevant legislative provision, provide the instrument under which the person was appointed.
- If the name/position of the person is not expressly stated in the relevant legislative provisions, provide the instrument of delegation under which the person has been delegated that power.
Part 2b ‘Applicant details’ applicant agency
Provide the detail of the government agency on whose behalf the application is made. It should include the full legal name of the agency. If the agency is an organisation, the organisation type and number should be listed. The government agency listed must employ the person listed as the ‘authorised person’ in that capacity.
The account will be created in the name of the agency. You have the opportunity to nominate the specific name of the account in part six of the application form.
The agency’s address will be used as the mailing address for the account. It is suggested you nominate an email address for a generic inbox, rather than a personal email address.
Part 3 ‘Access channel’
The Web UI check box should be checked if it is intended to access the PPSR through the standard internet interface.
The B2G check box should also be checked only if it is intended to access the PPSR through the special business to government (B2G) channel. If you are accessing the PPSR via a B2G channel that is held by an intermediary, you should provide the following information in the free text box:
- full details of the intermediary
- the capacity in which the intermediary is supplying the information
- the level of visibility and access that intermediary will have over the account applied for (for example does the intermediary transact on the agency’s behalf or does the intermediary provide the channel through which the agency conducts the transactions), and
- any other relevant information.
Part 4 ‘Key contact’
List here the details of the person who is to be the first point of contact should there be any queries in relation to the account. This person may or may not be a user of the account.
Part 5 ‘Account administrator contact details’
List here the details of the person who will manage the account from the agency’s perspective. The account administrator should have a good level of understanding of the PPSR system.
In accordance with the memorandum of understanding, ‘users’ of the account with the permission to register a financing statement in respect of prescribed property (other registration kinds) should only be created for a person who is:
- an authorised person
- a delegate of an authorised person, or
- a person acting on behalf of one of the above and who acts solely in accordance with that person’s instructions.
Part 6 ‘Account preferences’
Complete all sections of this part.
The account will be created in the name of the agency. In the field ‘Nominate the name of the account’ write what you want the account to be named’.
Complete the field ‘email address for monthly financial statements if you want the monthly financial statements to be sent to a different email address than the account administrator’s.
A successful applicant agency will be sent monthly financial statements (which will indicate that the fees have been remitted).
In the ‘estimate the expected volume of creation/ amendment of registrations per day’ field, provide your best estimate as to the average number of registration transactions that will be conducted per day. Similarly complete for search transactions.
The form should be executed by a person who has the authority to accept the terms and conditions on behalf the government agency identified in part 2b and, if they are not the person identified in part 2a, has authority to sign on their behalf.