Point in time search – Serial number
Before you begin
You will need:
- To be a PPSR account system administrator
- Your payment details*see Note 1
- Date and time of the point in time you want to search
- The serial number you want to use to search
- Your email address (see Instructions Note 2)
Note 1. Any credit card or a Visa/MasterCard debit card or account payment facility.
Note 2. If you do not have an email address, the information will still be available online.
The instructions in the section below describe how to complete a point in time search for an serial number.
Beginning your search
Go to PPSR home
Log in to your account using your username and password.
Go to the PPSR Search tab and click on Point in Time search and Serial number.
Enter your information
- Choose the date you wish to search on.
- Select the specific time from the drop down buttons.
- Choose your serial number search type (Motor Vehicle, Watercraft, Aircraft or Intellectual Property)
- Once you have chosen the serial number type, enter your serial number into the correct serial number field.
- The fee for the search is displayed on the screen
- Click ‘Next’
- Enter your credit card details. The fee for the search is displayed on the screen.
- If you would like your receipt emailed to you, enter your email address. Entering your email address here only emails your receipt. It does not email your search certificate.
- Click Pay now. The next page will allow you to email your search certificate.
Search result summary
- The result of your search is displayed, along with a unique search number and a downloadable Tax invoice/Receipt, which will be emailed to you only if you supplied an email address.
- Click on the Email certificate button to have the certificate sent by email.
- Enter your email address and confirm it in the next field.
- Click on the Email button to receive your search certificate.
- Confirmation that the search certificates(s) have been emailed will be displayed on screen.
What does this search cover?
The PPSR will only search for security interests which were current at the point in time specified, registered against the serial number you have searched for.
NEVDIS - additional motor vehicle details
If you conduct a motor vehicle point in time search, your search result will not contain additional vehicle information. If you are wanting to see the additional motor vehicle information you will need to complete a current Motor vehicle search.