Registration templates can be created by authorised users to simplify the registration process by pre-selecting details, such as the collateral type, the secured party group number, collateral class or the grantor to be used during the registration process.
Templates can be used at the start of a registration and must specify at least the collateral type and transitional status specified.
Please note: registration templates are created by PPSR users, not the Registrar of Personal Property Securities.
Users can customise templates with as much information they would enter when creating a registration.
The 6 videos can be used to demonstrate the functionality of PPSR Registration templates.
These videos cover:
- Creating a template
- Using a template
- Managing a template
- Sharing your template and
- Example of a using a consumer Motor Vehicle template.
The videos are available on the Create your Registration template, Using your Registration template and Manage your Registration template pages along with further details you can use to create, use and manage your templates.
These templates allow users to simplify the registration process by pre-selecting details, such as the collateral type, the secured party group number, collateral class or the grantor to be used during the registration process.
Templates can be selected at the start of a registration and can specify as much details as a registration. However, they must always specify the collateral type and transitional status as a minimum.
Once a template is created, it can be used within the same account or can be shared by sending a copy to a different PPSR account.
Why should I use a template?
- They are quicker
- The pre-saved information allows users to save time, by selecting the template which will pre-fill the data into the relevant fields.
- They are easier
- The template can be customised to include all details of the registration including the collateral type and class, which makes it easier for users to create registrations as parts of the data are pre-filled.
- They maintain consistency
- As the template contains the same details, different users creating registrations with the same template will create consistent registrations.
- They are efficient
- Ensures that the registrations are correct each and every time