PPS Leases law change: The PPS Act has recently changed.
For leases entered into on or after 20 May 2017, the one year period applicable to PPS Leases has become two years.
These resources provide general information—they do not constitute and are not intended to be legal advice. You may wish to seek professional advice from your accountant, financial adviser or lawyer.
Place an order
You can order FREE quantities of the PPSR business booklet, PPSR information brochures, flyers and guides. (Note: you can order either small quantities of the booklets, or boxes of 70 per box)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order. Please give your delivery address, contact phone number (in case we need to clarify your request) and quantities of what you would like to order.
Subscribe to PPSR News
The PPSR News is a short emailer letting you know about any new PPSR information products, as well as periodic posts from the Registrar. Emailers are generally delivered every few weeks.
New PPSR Plug ‘n Play presentation
This is a pre-recorded version of our popular ‘introductory level’ PPSR presentation conducted by our PPSR Stakeholder Engagement Adviser at conferences and seminars nationwide.
Based on the PPSR business guide the presentation uses plain English and runs for 9 minutes.
The presentation covers the key things that small business needs to know.
PPSR business guide booklet
Find out about the business benefits, how to use the register and see case studies―with practical examples of businesses using the register.
Responsible PPSR registration management booklet
Principles for managing PPSR registrations to support data integrity.
PPSR social media kit
Graphics and text to use in social media to promote PPSR used car search.
PPSR information videos
- PPSR - PPS leases and bailments
- PPSR―Collateral classes
- PPSR―What is a Security Interest
- PPSR―What is a consignment
- The PPSR in a nutshell
- PPSR―Quick motor vehicle checks
- PPSR―Selling your goods on terms
- PPSR―Protection for businesses that hire, lease or rent goods
- PPSR―Basic business uses
- PPSR―Bob gets a loan
- PPSR―Check before you buy
- Buying a used vehicle and valuable second hand items? Search the PPSR before you buy.
- Small business and the PPSR
- Professional advisors and the PPSR
- PPSR cars―Good to go Check before you buy - how to do a quick motor vehicle search.
- PPSR cars―It's OK to walk away Check before you buy - how to do a quick motor vehicle search.
Business days calculator
A number of provisions under the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 require the calculation of business days. Use this tool if you need assistance calculating these periods of time.