PPS Leases law change: The PPS Act has recently changed.
For leases entered into on or after 20 May 2017, the one year period applicable to PPS Leases has become two years.
These resources provide general information—they do not constitute and are not intended to be legal advice. You may wish to seek professional advice from your accountant, financial adviser or lawyer.
New PPSR Plug ‘n Play presentation
This is a pre-recorded version of our popular ‘introductory level’ PPSR presentation conducted by our PPSR Stakeholder Engagement Adviser at conferences and seminars nationwide.
Based on the PPSR business guide the presentation uses plain English and runs for 9 minutes.
The presentation covers the key things that small business needs to know.
PPSR business guide
- PPSR business guide―for business and their accountants [PDF 5.13 MB]
- PPSR business guide―for business and their accountants [HTML version]
Find out about the business benefits, how to use the register and see case studies―with practical examples of businesses using the register.
- Agriculture―Henri’s barley crop (9/V1)
- Agriculture―Flo's cattle feed (10/V1)
- Automotive―Treadright wheels (2/V1)
- Automotive―body paint (3/V4)
- Capital raising―Christina's wholesale kitchens (14/V1)
- Construction―Sceneview (11/V1)
- Intellectual property―LaPlonk wine bottles (5/V1)
- Intellectual property―Vegepop ice blocks (6/V1)
- Yellow goods―DownDown's excavator (4/V4)
PPSR information videos
- PPSR―Collateral classes
- PPSR―What is a Security Interest
- PPSR―What is a consignment
- The PPSR in a nutshell
- PPSR―Quick motor vehicle checks
- PPSR―Selling your goods on terms
- PPSR―Protection for businesses that hire, lease or rent goods
- PPSR―Basic business uses
- Buying a used vehicle and valuable second hand items? Search the PPSR before you buy.
- Small business and the PPSR
- Professional advisors and the PPSR
- PPSR cars―Good to go Check before you buy - how to do a quick motor vehicle search.
- PPSR cars―It's OK to walk away Check before you buy - how to do a quick motor vehicle search.
- PPSR general or small business owner brochure
- Quick Motor Vehicle Search for used cars - information flyer
Business days calculator
A number of provisions under the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 require the calculation of business days. Use this tool if you need assistance calculating these periods of time.