Are you in business?
- Sell goods on retention of title terms?
- Hire, rent or lease out goods?
- Buy or sell valuable second-hand goods or assets?
- Want to raise finance using stock or other assets as collateral?
- Work as an adviser to clients who conduct these activities?
In 2012 a new law, which also established a new national register, was introduced which affects anyone who answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions.
That’s a significant proportion of Australian business.
This guide is intended to help Australian businesses not familiar with the practical implications of this law. It also explains how you might benefit from using the national online system—the Personal Property Securities Register, also known as the PPSR.
Find out about the business benefits, how to use the register and see case studies―with practical examples of businesses using the register.
View more PPSR business resources.